United Way of Blair County measures success not simply by the amount of dollars raised, but rather by the number of lives impacted. As a result of the 2017/2018 campaign, we are able to provide funding for 29 Blair County human service programs that are meeting the critical needs of Blair County residents.
Thousands of lives will be impacted by these programs. In addition, thousands more will be impacted through the Family Resource Center, a program of United Way of Blair County, along with the numerous outreach programs we offer. These outreach programs would not be possible without the hundreds of volunteers giving thousands of hours to help our community.These programs include:
- Day of Caring - Volunteers help over 30 local agencies with projects
- Glass Slipper Project - Prom gown giveaway program
- Stuff the Bus - School supply distribution
- Toasty Toddler - Winter weather apparel distribution for children birth though age 5
- VITA - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
While the number of lives impacted from the 2017/2018 campaign is significant, there are many more in our community who need our assistance. Our goal for the 2018/2019 campaign is to impact more lives, to put more needed dollars back into our community through impact grants, and to provide additional programs and services to more people.